I’m happy to announce that I am teaching my Polymer Clay Boot Camp at Emerson Umbrella in Concord, MA. Class begins on Thursday, January 10, 6-9pm, and runs for a full 10 weeks!
Here is the full class description:
Do you have some packages of polymer clay sitting on your craft table but you aren’t sure what to do with them? Are you a fan of polymer clay art or jewelry and would love to learn the secrets to make high quality pieces yourself? Or maybe you’ve played with polymer clay but need more direction on how to use it?
If you’re ready to explore this fun and versatile medium then Polymer Clay Boot Camp is just for you. In Polymer Clay Boot Camp, you’ll become familiar with polymer clay from the ground up. We start with a discussion of polymer clay basics, including brands, handling, safety, and basic tools. You’ll learn several foundation techniques including
- easy fundamental canes that are the foundation for more complex canes
- an ancient metal work technique applied to polymer clay for creating fascinating, one-of-a-kind patterns
- how to make faux gemstones and imitation natural materials with polymer clay
- professional quality finishing techniques
As you learn these techniques, you’ll use your newfound skills to create a variety of polymer art including home décor items and jewelry.
At the end of this class, you will have learned how to
- Prepare, condition, and safely cure polymer clay
- Build simple and complex canes
- Create fascinating patterns from multiple thin layers of clay
- Design a polymer clay “fabric”
- Use polymer clay to imitate a variety of natural materials
- Create a variety of polymer clay art from home décor to jewelry
- Professionally finish your work
You can register directly through Emerson Umbrellla. All materials are included for a nominal fee.
This is a fun, interactive class, perfect whether you’re new to polymer clay or looking to sharpen your skills.
Still not sure? Check out this video on YouTube where I give you an overview of the class