I’m happy to announce that I am teaching my new class, Found Poetry Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) on Saturday, August 25, 2012, from 10:00am to 3:00pm at Ink About It in Westford.
What are Found Poetry ATCs?
Found Poetry ATCs are the artistic blending of artist trading cards and the random expression of found poetry. When combined, these two art forms result in funny, imaginative, and quirky ATCs.
In this class, we will
- create inspired phrases from randomly chosen words
- create polymer “paper” using liquid polymer clay
- embed the phrases, add color and images to the polymer “paper”
- attach the polymer “paper” to a substrate
- add additional embellishments for a truly inspired ATC, and
- swap ATCs at the end of class.
In class, you will receive a materials kit that includes polymer clay faces, napkins, ATC cards, paper beads, alcohol pads, a small palette, & white paper.
In this class, you get to play and experiment with liquid polymer clay, alcohol inks, rubbing alcohol, paintbrushes, colored pencils, water soluble oil pastels, black paint, rubber stamps, and ink pads.
For an overview of the class, watch the YouTube video below.
I hope you can join me on Saturday, August 25 at Ink About It for my Found Poetry ATC class.
Have a great weekend.
July 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm
It sounds like a fabulous class, Amy! 🙂
August 5, 2012 at 9:02 pm
Thanks Karen. I’m looking forward to teaching it.