About a week ago I wrote a post about an evolving idea where I shared how I went from one conceptual idea that failed, to another idea which really sent the creative muse into overdrive.
With a new vision in mind, I proceeded to take one of the new polymer clay focal disks I created and combined it with a beeswax design applied to an artist board.
Here is the artist board with colored beeswax before attaching the polymer clay focal disk:
I applied several layers of beeswax to the board, incised the circles and lines, and then colored the surface with alcohol inks.
Then I added a polymer clay focal disk:
I’m really happy with the way this first piece turned out.
Abstract art is a completely new area for me to explore. It isn’t something I’m typically drawn to. But like I said, I really like this new combination of polymer clay and beeswax and I really like making these focal disks. Trying something completely new and different also falls in line with choosing the word BIG as my word of the year.