For several months I’ve started my blogging week with a favorite quote in a post titled “Monday Reflection.” I look to these quotes as a way to start my week; a form of inspiration and guidance. I find these quotes in a variety of places: Oprah’s O Magazine online, tea bag tags, books, Marianne Williamson’s A Course in Miracles.
Now I’m offering you, my readers and fellow quote lovers, the opportunity to share your favorite quote here on my blog with a small caveat: I’d like you to also share why the particular quote is your favorite. Did it inspire you to overcome something? Did it inspire you to make a change in your life? Does it say something that for you is hard to put into words?
In return, for each quote chosen and posted, I will send you a piece of my art as a small token of my appreciation. I will post your quote and explanation about why it is your favorite on consecutive Mondays during the month of May. That means a minimum of 4 quotes is required, one for each Monday in May. Additional quotes will be shared during the month of May and perhaps into June, depending on the number of quotes received.
Here are the details:
- If you would like to participate, leave a response in the comment section on this post. I will contact you with details on where to send your quote and explanation for why it is your favorite.
- If you know the source of your quote (author, book, magazine, etc) please include that information so correct credit may be given.
- Include with your quote the reason why it is your favorite.
- If you have a blog or website (or both) include that information as well so I may include it when I post your quote.
- As a token of my appreciation for your participation, you will receive a handcrafted piece of art by Amy A. Crawley. Artwork is chosen by me and may include one of the following: a friendship bowl, jewelry, a Soulful Sprite, or functional art item.
Deadline: All quotes must be received by April 27, 2009.
Thanks for participating!