As I have done for the last few years, I have finally chosen my Word of the Year for 2011. Drumroll please……
The word I’ve chosen to guide me in 2011 is the word BIG.
So, why did it take me so long to post it to my blog? Because I’ve been working on BIG things. That and well, I wasn’t quite sure what to write about the word I chose.
As 2010 drew to a close and I was dealing with my health issues, I started having very vivid dreams. In one dream, a man spoke of his rebirth as if he were a prophet. That dream stuck with me and I contemplated choosing rebirth or renewal as my words for 2011.
And then I read Lisa Call’s blog post on how she chose her word for 2011 and how she distinguished between “doing” words and “being” words. That made me think. Is the word I choose for 2011 going to be a “doing” word or a “being” word?
The words “rebirth” and “renewal” sounded nice but on some level they weren’t quite clicking with me. They seemed too, um, airy-fairy.
And then the word BIG popped in my head.
I was thinking about some of the goals I want to achieve this year. For me they are BIG. And as I contemplated this word, some BIG things happened:
- Two of my Spirit Messengers were featured on Barb Kobe’s blog.
- I was asked by Artella if they could reprint my drawer knob tutorial in their e-zine The Art Journal Journey.
- A tip I submitted on beating the entrepreneur lonelies was included in Sara Shaw’s Entreprenette Gazette.
- I posted my first video.
- I received word that photos of my Right Brain Business Plan have been included in Jennifer Lee’s upcoming book The Right Brain Business Plan: A Creative Visual Map for Success.
- My iron levels returned to normal which means I’m no longer anemic.
If the last few weeks are any indication, the word BIG is already guiding me and having a positive influence.
So BIG has become my word of the year. I guess it is both a “doing” word and a “being” word. I want to do BIG things. I want to be BIG and live fully. Who knows; maybe BIG will also bring renewal and rebirth with it.